Tips on Improving Your Daily Routine
With the looming post-Christmas and New Year withdrawal comes the guilt of over-feasting during the holiday season. Figures have shown how people typically fit “gym” into their new year resolution only to drop out 6 weeks after.
We have put together some tips on kickstarting your New Year to help improve
- Start your morning routine with some simple stretches. Morning stretches have proven to improve brain activities, increase energy level and decrease body aches and pains and best of all, it only takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Incorporate some of our desk exercises recommendation and get up and moving every 2 hours or so. A little blood pumping will set the adrenaline rushing and prevent that food coma or sleep bugs from invading.
- Who is a better motivator than your friends? Instead of the usual 2 hours cope up in the dark room of the theatre, why not try battling it out on a badminton game or a picnic at the park?
- Keep Hydrated. An ideal water level in the body will be around 50% ~ 60%. If you have the MedCheck Body Composition Scale, you can see the water content in your body. Hydration regulates your body temperature and lubricates your joints and keep your energy level high.
- Do the household chores. Mopping or hoovering is a great way to burn calories and gain extra brownie points from the family.
- Sideline as a petsitter. What’s better than getting to play with a dog and actually get paid for it? Sign up as a sitter with Pawshake and get off the couch and bring some pups and yourself out for some sunshine.
- Who says you can’t dance? Get into the habit of playing music and move along with the beat. Explore new beats from Samba to hip-hop and not only will your mental health improve, so will your coordination.